We started Ed & Ashley’s 5 Minute Show when we went to the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing in 2008. A couple days before the conference started, we decided that we should try to video blog the conference.
There’s a serious lack of visible female role models in technology, which is something we want to change! Keeping women in technology visible will help to increase the number of girls interested in technology, which will increase the diversity of teams, which will increase the quality of the end product. See? Everyone wins.
We’d love to have your support! Here are few things you can do to help increase the number of women in technology:
- Check out organizations like the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology (ABI) and the National Center for Women and Information Technology (NCWIT)
- Attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Be a mentor for a female in or interested in technology
- Do a classroom talk/presentation about what you do
- Tell people about Ed & Ashley’s 5 Minute Show
If you’re a woman in technology, we’d love to connect with you! Our interviews are short, casual and can cover a wide range of topics. Please feel free to send us an email at donahue.edd (at) gmail (dot) com.